He’s back behind the camera very soon…
Christopher Nolan has confirmed that his latest film will hit cinemas next year.
The Oscar-nominated director will follow up Dunkirk with the latest project, which is confirmed to arrive on July 17 2020.
Although little details are known at present, The Hollywood Reporter claims that Nolan’s latest will be an “event film” and it’ll debut in IMAX.
It comes after Dunkirk debuted to huge acclaim in 2017, bagging Nolan his first Academy Award nomination for Best Director.
The new project could also see Nolan getting increasingly experimental, after he previously admitted that he considered filming Dunkirk without a script.
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Nolan says he “got to a point where I understood the scope and movement and the history of what I wanted the film to address, because it’s very simple geography.
“I said, ‘I don’t want a script, because I just want to show it. It’s almost like I want to just stage it. And film it.”
He added that he “felt like I’d kind of mastered that form” of scripted drama.
NME gave the film a five-star review on release, which read: “As with Nolan’s previous classics (2008’s The Dark Knight, 2010’s Inception), this is a thrill-packed, nail-biting watch. Dialogue is used sparingly. Instead, its focus is on the frail, often speechless tension as soldiers fight for their lives. It’s a visual experience unlike any other.”
Late last year, Nolan was also awarded a CBE for his contributions to film.
Christopher Nolan to release new film in 2020